What is Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and why it is important for every business?
Most search engines basically work in the same way. When a person wants to find something, they type in a word or phrase, called a search query.
Every search engine goal is to create the most relevant list of results possible, to help searchers find what they are looking for
So how does this apply to your business?
Well, imagine you own a coffee shop in your town “Patna”. If someone searches for a coffee shop in Patna/ coffee shop near me —this is the perfect opportunity for you to appear on the search results page.
In the same way, if you are local bakery ready to deliver birthday cakes, you want to show up when people search for related words and phrases.
Now you must have realized why search is such a great place to be?
It’s a way to target people who are already looking for you, and Search Engine Marketing(SEM) is the best option available for this.
Search engine marketing (SEM) is the practice of marketing a business using paid advertisements that appear on search engine results pages . SEM is a digital marketing strategy used to increase the visibility of a website in search engine results pages with paid ads.
Results are immediate with SEM. It is arguably the fastest way to drive traffic to a website.
Some of the most common terms also used to refer to SEM activities:
- PPC (pay-per-click)
- CPC (cost-per-click)
- Paid search ads
Know you must have realized that there must be other people in your city who would want to enjoy coffee. Someone might even be searching for it right now. So, how do you help them find you?
Well, when someone searches for something using a search engine, the results page they see contains a list of organic or unpaid results.
Organic results typically appear in the center of the page, and are the results the search engine decides are the best match for the search query, or words, that were typed in.
Results pages will also display advertisements, or paid results, though they’ll be separate and labeled as ads. Although organic results and ads appear on the same page, there’s one big difference: there’s no cost to appear in the organic results.
Some of these results are selected by the search engine’s organic formula- SEO. These pages are considered the most relevant web pages the search engine can find for this search.
The other sections are ads.
You don’t see ads for unrelated things, and interestingly enough, the adverts seem quite similar to the organic results.
This is by design, and it’s what makes paid search advertising so effective.
So how exactly does search engine advertising work?
Every time someone searches advertisers competes for the opportunity to display ads. It happens in milliseconds and the searcher won’t see the details, only the winners: the ads that appear on the page.
There are many factors which decide the winner.
SEM lets you use this space to advertise to potential customers when they search for certain words and phrases relevant to your business. These are known as keywords.
Unlike traditional marketing, SEM targets people actively looking for products and services. This is different from broadcasting a message to people that they may—or may not—have any interest in.
Makes sense, right? Now you know why SEM works so well.
Let’s see some major benefits of Search engine marketing/pay-per-click advertising:
- Cost effective – Another beautiful thing to know about SEM is the advertiser only pays when someone clicks on their ad. So if your ad appears, but no one clicks on it, you won’t be charged. That’s why it’s called “pay-per-click” advertising. You can choose to spend as much or as little as you like.
- Targeted – you can choose your audience according to demographics like location, language, and device. With SEM, it’s very likely that people who clicked your ad are interested in what you have to offer because they told you so.
- Measurable – In SEM, campaigns can be set up to carefully measure effectiveness. You can determine exactly how much your return on investment is. You have full control over your ads.
- Customizable – as you run your campaigns, you can make many small adjustments to improve based on what works best. You can make changes according to your targeted audience preference.
- Give you the fast result – In SEM, you will see the impact of your PPC efforts almost immediately. Organic search engine optimization (SEO) tactics can take months to make a difference but with SEM you get result fast. It drives immediate results and according to that, you can make adjustment whenever you want.
- PPC advertising pulls in quality traffic -Traffic on search engines is the best traffic. Why? Because people are actually searching for the problem you solve. It’s a way to target people who are already looking for you.
- PPC advertising will dramatically boost website traffic – PPC advertising can boost your website traffic significantly. You can drive hundreds and thousands of clicks to your website. And, the best part is that the people who are clicking on your ads are people who are sincerely interested in your business
SEM is a great tool to test your marketing strategies. PPC advertising increases revenue, sales, and leads -With SEM you will generate leads fast. It will also help you to get lots of new visitors.
Now you know, PPC has many benefits for businesses mainly because it can generate fast results by targeting the right people at the right time.
So why wait?
Connect with us for Search Engine Marketing and grow your business.
We are a Patna based Digital marketing agency. So if your business is in Patna(Bihar). Then do connect with us to learn and grow.
Connect with us for the best search engine marketing service in Patna.
Ready to find out more?
Leave us a message, we will contact you soon.
Digital marketer – A trusted Digital advisor.
Helping people digitally to grow.
A learner. Love God, Democracy and Adele.